Please read the statements below and if you agree with all of the statements mentioned on this page then please proceed to fill out the Volunteer Application Form by clicking on the button at the bottom of this page.
SonRise Music Festival Covenant of Ethical Responsibility
- Our Covenant
Sonrise Ministries aims to be a light that proclaims faith and hope in Jesus Christ by unifying the church together with a 3 day music festival tailored to youth and families followed by a collaborative worship service, and to support local compassion ministries with financial donations and human capital. In order to do this with Godly integrity, we bind ourselves to this Covenant of Ethical Responsibility.
- Values That Guide Us
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23a. Along with conducting ourselves, as an organization, in a manner consistent with these attributes, we commit adding to integrity, responsibility, respect and honesty.
III. Governance Regarding Festival Relationships
- Sonrise's Relationships with Artists
- Sonrise agrees to protect and promote the interest of the artists and to fulfill all obligations to them
- When entering into a contract, Sonrise agrees to advise artists of:
- Sonrise’s policies in regards to compensation
- Sonrise’s policies in regards to cooperation
- Sonrise agrees to disclose all information about the festival that is relevant to the artist prior to the contract being executed.
- Sonrise and artists shall be honest and truthful in all communications regarding stipulations and other pertinent information.
- Sonrise’s Relationships with Employees and Volunteers
- Sonrise agrees to treat employees and non-compensated volunteers with full honor and respect.
- Sonrise will not discriminate in the process of choosing employees and volunteers on the basis of race, ethnicity, or denomination.
- Sonrise agrees to specify all responsibilities of employees and volunteers prior to the festival.
- Sonrise agrees to hold volunteers to the same ethical standards as paid employees.
- Sonrise agrees to be attentive and considerate to the needs and concerns of volunteers.
- Sonrise’s Relationship with Vendors
- Sonrise agrees to treat all vendors and suppliers with respect and to keep their word.
- Sonrise agrees to live up to their contracts with vendors and pay bills in a timely manner.
- Sonrise agrees to make all necessary materials for vendors available in writing. This includes, but is not limited to, applications, procedures, deadlines, and policies. Any disputes arising between vendors during festival times will be reviewed by festival officials according to the principles of Matthew 18:7-15.
- D. Sonrise’s Relationship with Guests
- Sonrise agrees to create an atmosphere where any guest may have a clearer, knowable understanding of the intentions of Sonrise; that is, where any guest may obtain at least a furthered knowledge of Jesus and trust in the sincerity of those in leadership of Sonrise.
- The services provided by Sonrise to its guests shall conform to the standards of practice and competence which are reasonably expected in the endeavor.
- Sonrise works diligently to produce the best quality event so that each guest may receive the desired results of the festival's intention of spreading the Gospel. Guests’ satisfaction and their spiritual growth is the common denominator of importance for Sonrise.
- Sonrise’ view and act toward all guests equally and pay no heed to differences of race, color, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, or national origin, but rather treat each guest as a valued and loved child of God. Therefore, all representatives of the festival should reflect God’s love and desire to extend to each person an opportunity to experience His love and grace.
- Sonrise will be truthful in its desire to produce quality, life-changing music. Sonrise shall present a true picture of themselves and their mission in their representations, whether commercial or affiliated through sponsors, etc., such that their professional and Christian status is readily apparent to all guests. Sonrise is not ashamed of the Gospel.
- Sonrise’s Relationships with Sponsors (Partners/Radio Stations/Donors, etc.):
- Sonrise shall protect and promote the interests of and fulfill obligations to all cooperating sponsors or other affiliates.
- Sonrise agrees to cooperate and make transactions only with affiliates able to present a consistent and appropriate representation to the public of their aims. Sonrises’ cooperation with sponsors/affiliates shall be done overall in accordance with the best interest of both parties in mind.
- Sonrise and sponsors shall be honest and truthful in all communications regarding stipulations and other pertinent information. Sonrise is obligated to disclose all information about the festival to any sponsors prior to the execution of contract.
- When entering into a contract, Sonrise must advise sponsors of any and all policies regarding compensation and cooperation so as to avoid conflict and to ensure fair and ethical business between parties.
- Sonrise conducts transactions in a consistent manner with all sponsors/affiliates to ensure healthy business relationships for now and the future. The handling of transactions shall be pre-negotiated and discussed in order to ensure fairness and benefit among all involved.
- Remedy for Failure to Uphold Duties under Sonrise Covenant of Ethical Responsibility
As current and prospective members of the Sonrise leadership team you are required to sign this document as part of their overall responsibilities to the festival, an individual's personal failure in one or more of these areas reflects poorly on both Sonrise and the Lord.
Therefore, if anyone involved with Sonrise believes that a fellow Sonrise employee or volunteer has not acted in accordance with the letter and/or spirit of this Covenant or Statement of Faith, he or she should discuss the matter directly with the offending employee/volunteer. If no resolution can be reached, the employee/volunteer shall ask one or two additional Sonrise employees/volunteers to confront the offending brother or sister. If no resolution can be reached, the offended party should ask the Sonrise Executive Committee to intervene. The decision of the Sonrise Executive Committee is final.
As disciples of Jesus Christ, we vow to uphold the above values, the Statement of Faith and remain steadfast to our mission, of spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to all people involved. We agree to stay committed to the terms listed in our relationships with, artists, volunteers, vendors, and guests, and sponsors, and take responsibility in holding our organization to the highest standards as presented in this document.
Statement Of Faith
We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. [Isaiah
44:6, John 17:3, Ephesians 1:2-3, Matthew 1:20-21, John 8:58, Hebrews 9:14]
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, inerrant in the
original writings. [II Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21]
We believe God created the entire universe ex nihilo “out of nothing” and man from the dust of the
earth to be a special creature bearing His image. [Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 40:25-26, Hebrews 1:10, Colossians
We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary
atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the
Father, His visible, personal return in power and glory. [John 1:1, Colossians 2:9, Isaiah 7:14, Matthew
1:23, Hebrews 4:15, I Peter 2:24, Luke 24:15, 34-39, John 20:14, John 14:3, Revelation 1:7]
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, who came forth to convict the world of sin,
righteousness and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, seal, and empower for ministry, service and
witness all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ, and
that He is our abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide. [John 3:5-8, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 1:13-14, Acts 1:8,
John 20:22, I Corinthians 6:19, John 16:13, Romans 12, Ephesians 4]
We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice and therefore are under condemnation and
that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit and forgives those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus
Christ as their Lord and Savior. We believe that every person outside of Christ’s redemption is utterly
guilty and corrupt before a Holy God. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose
indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. [Genesis 4:7, Joshua 24:15, Romans 3:23, 5:12,
6:23, 8:9 & 14, 10:9-11, John 3:5-8, I John 1:9, I Corinthians 6:19, Galatians 5:16-25]
We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the final judgment and eternal
blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked. [John 5:24-29]
We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, called the body of Christ.
[John 17:11, 22, Romans 12:4-5, Galatians 3:28]
By clicking on the "Fill Out Volunteer Application Form" button below you agree to all the terms and conditions mentioned above.